Pennington County Emergency Management is looking to fill a Staff Assistant 1 position
- Location: Rapid City
- Compensation: $15.27 - $17.50 Hourly
- Type: Full Time
- Closing: 2/21/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
Position Description: The Staff Assistant 1 will provide basic reception, clerical, and operational support duties for the office of Emergency Management. The Staff Assistant 1 will work under the general supervision of the Emergency Management Director.Essential Functions:
- Provide courteous and professional office reception services to include appropriately answering, screening, and forwarding office phone calls, mail, and emails to Emergency Management and Fire Administration staff members.
- Scheduling of the Emergency Operations Center rooms, physically configuring room furniture and technology to accommodate the requests of room users, provide for basic hospitality requests of room users, and performing light housekeeping duties in rooms when necessary.
- Support Emergency Management staff by performing clerical duties such as taking inventory of supplies and equipment, routine maintenance of office equipment, filing, scanning, data entry, making copies, and recording meeting minutes.
- Assist staff with public education and outreach events such as the YFS Kids Fair and Black Hills Home Show which may occur outside of normal business hours and days.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Familiarity with operating typical office equipment such as multi-line phones and copier/scanners.
- Proficient with Windows-based computers and office productivity software from vendors such as Microsoft and Adobe with the ability to learn some specialty applications and programs utilized by Emergency Management.
Go to https://www.pennco.org/jobs to apply.